Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cod Pond, Falls on the Oregon Trail

Cod Pond,  Between Wells & Bakers Mills, NY (Warren County)
Falls on the Oregon Trail
3/23/12



There are many things to say here..but first I will say:  Due to an issue I had reading the directions, we traveled in the opposite direction but finally made it to our destination. I am usually a pretty good copilot and map reader. But this time I'm going to blame it on my glasses. I've stubbornly been putting off getting my prescription updated.

What a nice hike! We hiked the Cod Pond trail following Stewart Creek to the Cod Pond Flow and part way to the North Bend. It was an easy walk and a pretty walk and includes the view of a cascade/waterfall to boot. On the hike we saw Trillium and Wintergreen. Passing over the bridge and continuing on towards the North Bend area we enjoyed every minute of it. In fact, my husband and his brother went back to the pond to fish but didn't catch anything.

This trail is so close to my house that it would an easy thing to go hike it again which I would do anytime. We might go back with the canoe. Or a chance to cool off in the summertime.
Go if you get the chance!







No comments:

Post a Comment