Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Falls Near Clay Meadow Trailhead


Falls Near Clay Meadow Trailhead
5/27/12
Bolton Landing, NY, Warren County


Back on our finding the waterfall quest, we decided to check out the Falls Near Clay Meadow Trailhead. This was a pretty although small falls. We had a couple of days last week that it rained and I am assuming that helped.  I doubt in mid summer that this falls is very impressive but the way it was, I enjoyed the sight. We climbed around on the rocks, crossed the small stream leading to the falls in one or two steps and climbed down the other side. Other than smelling dog poop on and off at the falls and during the walk out, it was nice spot. I certainly have nothing against bringing your pet on a walk in the woods, but I do object to people who don't pick up after their pets or themselves.

Due a camera malfunction, we weren't able to get a clear picture of it, but we found Anise Root. A new and exciting find for us! I wish it wasn't against the rules to dig up and transport plants cause I would love to do that with the Anise Root.  We also saw Bluets, Cinquefoil, Foam Flowers and Canada Violets. We even saw a small snake sunning himself on the wooden bridge. I hear that there are rattlesnakes in that area and am thankful we saw none of them!


         This is about the only picture I had that came out.  Get to Bolton if you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment