Monday, April 23, 2012

Gull Pond

3/10/12
Hi there!

Most of you who stop here to read my blog won't know me. Hopefully, through my words, you might get to know me a bit.  My husband Jeff and I spent a good many years like most parents attending this school event or that game, with active kids, it was easy to fill our time.  As a mom, I always seemed to have something to do as far as the kids go. But when our oldest child, our son, went off to college, we started to wonder what to do with ourselves. We started to think, what can we do together, that we both might enjoy.
Jeff has been an outdoor enthusiast his whole life. As for me, I am an accountant and a home body at heart. For the few times we had attempted at getting me to do things outdoors, it didn't go well. Whether it's because I am a huge bug magnet or because I am a giant klutz, I'm not sure. But either way, it was easier for me to find something to do indoors or with the kids and let Jeff have his outdoor moments in peace.
Now, with all that said, I came across an Adirondack Park Waterfall guide and thought finding them might be a fun thing to do together. We could start small considering my lack of experience and start taking walks with the waterfall views as the payoff for our efforts. In the interim, I also took some day hikes/walks books out of the library to mix in.


Our first outing was a short 1 mile hike into Gull Pond in Schoon Lake, NY. It was a very easy walk with a marked trail. I would certainly recommend this very short walk to anyone. It was as easy as walking down the street, yet the pond at the end was the best part. Pretty view. Take the time if you can to get there...and bring the kids or the dog. Just always remember to bring out what you bring in.


No comments:

Post a Comment